Gingival contouring, also known as gingival sculpting, is the process of reshaping your gumline. It helps to improve the look of your gums, teeth, and smile as a whole. It is a cosmetic procedure but can have restorative benefits too.
The process of gum contouring involves removing excess gum tissue present around your teeth. It can help treat gummy smile problems and might also be needed for certain procedures like crowns when more of your tooth structure needs to be exposed. It is mostly an elective procedure that helps improve your smile’s appearance, but it can have other benefits too.
Gum contouring can sometimes be a treatment option if you have periodontal disease. It can also be a part of gum pocket reduction procedures. Talk to your dentist in Plantation, FL, to know more about gingival contouring.
What are the benefits of gingival contouring?
The benefits of gum contouring are as follows:
- The procedure is minimally invasive and can give great results.
- It helps to eliminate all the issues like gum diseases, which come with a gummy smile.
- It treats uneven gum lines to make them more aesthetic.
- The procedure can be very helpful if you have uneven teeth size or short teeth.
- It helps to expose more of your tooth structure for restorative procedures like dental crowns.
Getting gingival contouring in Plantation, FL
Spring Dental of Plantation is a state-of-the-art dental office in Plantation, FL. Contact us today if you are looking for cost-effective dental care in Plantation or nearby areas. You can book an appointment by calling us at 954-336-8478.