Wisdom Tooth Extractions
Wisdom teeth are four permanent adult teeth located at the back of your on the top and bottom. Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure of extracting one or more wisdom teeth. Being located at the extreme end, it is quite tough to clean wisdom teeth, and thus, they are more prone to decay. Also, wisdom teeth can sometimes come out at a weird angle, pushing the nearby teeth. This is not only painful, but it can also interfere with the alignment of the entire teeth arch. The most effective way to get rid of this issue is by extracting your wisdom teeth.
The wisdom tooth extraction procedure does not involve any pain as the procedure is conducted under the influence of local anesthesia. Your dentist in Plantation, FL, might suggest extraction under the following conditions:
- If you have an impacted wisdom tooth.
- If they come out at a weird angle.
- Your mouth does not have room for extra wisdom teeth.
- If you are prone to cavities and gum diseases.
What are the problems associated with a wisdom tooth?
- Sometimes the wisdom tooth partly erupts. In such situations, they become more prone to bacteria and plaque buildup.
- If you are unable to maintain proper hygiene in the wisdom tooth area, it might lead to the development of a fluid-filled sac or cyst.
- Wisdom teeth are highly prone to infection and can cause jaw and gum issues.
- It can also impact the neighboring teeth.
Getting wisdom tooth extraction in Plantation, FL
Spring Dental of Plantation is a state-of-the-art dental office in Plantation, FL. Contact us today if you are looking for cost-effective dental care in Plantation or nearby areas. You can book an appointment by calling us at 954-336-8478.